Who's your grassroots football hero?
We're inviting online nominations for the 2020 FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards to celebrate the individuals, clubs and leagues who make a positive difference across their communities.
During these difficult times, the awards are a chance to celebrate the invaluable work which goes into the grassroots game and say a big thank you to the incredible volunteers who inspire people to make football safer and more enjoyable for all. Submissions are welcome online until Monday 18th May.
Individuals should be nominated by someone else (not themselves), while anyone can nominate their own club and/or league. The categories for this year’s awards have been chosen to reflect the diversity of local football communities and the positive impact the sport can have. The awards are split into ten categories:
* Grassroots Coach of the Year for Youth
* Grassroots Coach of the Year for Adults
* Grassroots Club of the Year
* Grassroots League of the Year
* Grassroots Volunteer of the Year
* Rising Star of the Year
* Grassroots Grounds Team of the Year
* Grassroots Project of the Year
* 'We Only Do Positive’ - Parents Respect Award
* Grassroots Match Official of the Year
Nominations should include evidence of the difference and impact the nominee has had on the people around them.
The FA’s PRIDE values and behaviours (Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determined, and Excellent) are the backbone of the awards in an effort to identify the people who embed them in their clubs, leagues and local communities.
Nominate your Grassroots Heroes