3 easy steps to become an adult Charter Standard club
Launched in 2001, The FA Charter Standard Programme supported by McDonald’s is The FA’s accreditation scheme for grassroots clubs and leagues.
With this in mind, The FA Charter Standard accreditation is awarded to clubs and leagues rigorously adjudged to be well run and sustainable – and which prioritise child protection, quality coaching and implementation of the Respect programme.
There are currently four different levels of Charter Standard, however for Adult clubs with only open-aged teams the criteria is very simple:
- Minimum of one qualified first aider for each adult team. If this is a player then the team is required to have a second as a precaution.
- Sustainable levels of income & expenditure
If you hit the above criteria then you are already halfway there, you simply need to complete the Charter Standard application and we can do the rest.
As well as intangible benefits of an improvements to the club’s structure, behaviour and environment there are many tangible benefits the club can receive as a result of achieving Charter Standard:
- Free tickets (upon application) to England internationals
- Official FA Nike match balls
- Support & priority for funding applications
- FA resources to help promote the club
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please get in touch via the contact details below.