Football Development Officer (Women's & Girls')
Location: Abingdon (OX14 1SG) - with travel across Berkshire & Buckinghamshire as required and opportunities for remote working.
Salary: Band 4 (£25,515 - £31,185) per annum, dependent on experience.
Hours: 35 hours per week. (Requirement to work evenings and weekends, in line with the demands of the role.)
Contract: Full time - Fixed Term Contract (Expiring June 2028).
Berks & Bucks FA prides itself on being an organisation run by good people and believes that EVERYONE should be able to play football in a safe environment. Our role is simple to lead, protect and support an individual’s journey in football by inspiring a lifelong relationship with the game.
If you are passionate about getting women and girls active and healthy and are looking to help shape the future of female football then we have the perfect opportunity for you! The female game is more popular than ever on and off the pitch, following the recent Lionesses successes and growth of the women’s football pyramid.
We know that football has the power to Change Lives and Connect People and this is why we are looking to recruit a passionate and energetic individual to join the Development Team, who will be responsible for pro-actively improving & increasing football opportunities for women & girls, as well as leading on the co-ordination of local recreational open-age male football initiatives.
• Lead, plan and deliver the Women and Girls football strategy within the County Operational Plan
• Work collaboratively with affiliated Leagues & Clubs to influence the effective delivery of sustainable female affiliated football
• Support and deliver the FA programmes for Women & Girls football initiatives at a local level
• Increase male recreational football participation via The FA Just Play programme and Flexible Competition
A full list of the responsibilities and the person specification can be found in the attached job description.
Who we're looking for...
• Someone who can strategically work with partner organisations across different sectors to plan and deliver football programmes.
• Someone with previous experience working in women’s and girls’ sport, with knowledge and understanding of the barriers to participation faced by females
• Someone who is creative with excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
You'll really impress us if...
• You can highlight issues/challenges, be creative with solutions and make suitable decisions.
• Knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure and networks that exist within women’s and girls’ football.
What you’ll get:
• The organisation’s commitment to your training and development
• Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
• A forward-thinking employer with people at the heart of decisions
• 25 annual leave + bank holidays
• Hybrid working & family friendly policies
Please submit you application form, Equality & Diversity monitoring form with an accompanying CV to Hiring@Berks-BucksFA.com.
Closing date & Interviews
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Monday 4th December 2023. In-person interviews will take place on Tuesday 12th December 2023*. (Whilst we cannot guarantee we can accommodate individuals who cannot make this date, we will endeavour to support where possible).
If you have any questions about the role or would like an informal discussion, please contact, Football Participation Manager (Facilities Lead), Kelly Sutton, on 01235 544890 or via email.
Working for Berks & Bucks FA - Applicant Pack
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
Berks & Bucks FA are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all communities.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate may need to undertake a FA enhanced DBS check before commencement in the post. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, and all members of the board are required to keep up to date with training and qualifications to ensure we are keeping our football community safe.