Inter Faith Week 2022
Inter Faith Week 2022
Inter Faith Week 2022 will take place from Sunday 13 - Sunday 20 November.
Timed to begin each year on Remembrance Sunday, Inter Faith Week aims to encourage people to remember together the service of people of all faiths and none, and to think about peace.
Inter Faith Week is an opportunity to celebrate diversity and commonality, highlight the positive contribution of faith communities to society, and to increase understanding between people of religious and non-religious beliefs.
Inter Faith Week has three aims:
1. Strengthening good inter faith relations at all levels
2. Increasing awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in the UK, in particular celebrating and building on the contribution which their members make to their neighbourhoods and to wider society
3. Increasing understanding between people of religious and non-religious beliefs
Sport is a good way to bring people of different faiths and beliefs together, fostering community cohesion and mutual respect between people of different faiths.
How can Clubs & Leagues Get Involved?
The week is for everyone and everyone can take part. If you would like to get your club, league or sports organisation involved in Inter Faith Week, there are many different things you can do. No matter how big or small the contribution, your support can help make a difference.
Here is a list of some ideas for sporting events during Inter Faith Week which could include:
• Publishing an Inter Faith Week section in your regular match programme
• Show your support on social media and on your club websites
• Setting up an inter faith match or fixture for your sport
• Profiling your club or organisation's support of inter faith sports programmes in its area
• Running an in person or online event where sportspeople talk about the impact of their faith or belief on their sporting career
Download free resources to support 'INTER FAITH WEEK'
For more information about Inter Faith Week and to download additional resources, such as posters, flyers and social media assets please visit, www.interfaithweek.org