Pledge Project continues to grow
Berks & Bucks FA would like to invite all clubs and leagues to take the lead on promoting disability football opportunities across the region.
Disability Football is one of the beautiful games greatest secrets and we need your support to promote the wide variety of opportunities across the region. Did you know we have 65 affiliated teams across the county? Or that we have one of the largest pan-disability leagues in England with 9 divisions catering for adult male, adult female, U16, U12 and U8 players?
We all too often hear stories of players dropping out of the mainstream game as clubs are unable to meet their needs. Promoting alternative opportunities or improving awareness could help keep players in the game we all love.
Psychological barriers are the most restrictive barrier to disabled people taking part in Sport. Psychological barriers are the views disabled people have about their own capabilities & also the views on non-disabled people on what they think they can do. We can effectively remove these barriers by encouraging more disabled people to take part & engaging local organisations who already work with disabled people.
Footballs biggest secret? Not anymore, this is why we are asking all grassroots clubs and leagues to pledge their support to promoting disability football.
This the second year of the BBFA project and we would like to say a massive thank you to those clubs that have already signed up to the project; Chalfont Saints, Radnage Raiders, St Edmunds FC, Winslow United, Mortonville JFC, Mursley United FC, MKBCYFL, Tattenhoe FC, Newport Pagnell Town, Thatcham Tornadoes, Tingewick FC, Golden Eagles FC, MKDDL, Reading Powerchair FC, Slough Town, TVFDL, Buckingham Athletic, Burnham FC, Partially Sighted Superstars, Holyport Memorial, George Green Juniors, Bracknell Cavaliers, Pinewood FC, CFP Newbury, Barton Rovers, Berkshire College of Agriculture, Ascot United, Delaford Colts, Shinfield Rangers and Flackwell Heath Minors.
Taking the pledge
Taking a pledge is easy. Clubs & leagues can take a pledge that suits the ambitions of the club or league. The pledge can be as big or small as the club or league decides but all pledges regardless of size will contribute to raising awareness of disability football.
Pledges don’t have to cost a penny and could require very little time to complete but could have a huge impact on local football. In its simplest form a pledge could be to share the BBFA Disability Club Directory in your club house, on your website or via social media. Our directories are ready to be sent out either by post or as a digital copy. By promoting the Club Directory a parent, supporter, player or coach might see this and lead another player with a disability into joining a local club.
The Pledge Project is now into its 2nd year at BBFA with 2 further County FA’s implementing the programme. We would like our clubs to join the Pledge Community in supporting this fantastic project. We especially want to hear from youth and adults clubs/leagues that have no disability provision but would love to help us promote it.
All clubs that make a pledge will be in receipt of County FA pledge card to display around their club, we’d love to share your photos of your certificate and achievements via our social media accounts.
• Display BBFA Club Directory in your club house
• Add the Club Directory to your website
• Share the Club Directory on your social media platforms
• Audit the players within your club who have disabilities
• Plan to develop club facilities for players & spectators with disabilities
• Put a coach through the coaching disabled footballers course
• Put a coach through National Autistic Society - Autism Workshop
• Create a club disability football development group
• Host Disability Specific CPD workshops at your club
• Provide coaching opportunities for individuals with disabilities
• Promote the England Disability Talent Pathway to eligible players at your club
• Apply to host recreational disability football at your club
• Set up a youth disability team at your club
• Set up an adult disability team at your club
• Set up an impairment specific disability team at your club
Launched in September 2018 an Incentive Scheme was added to celebrate and reward each pledge Club when completing their pledges.
Upon committing to a pledge every club will receive:
• Our Pledge Card with details of their pledge
• A hard copy of the BBFA Disability Football Club Directory
• A digital copy of the BBFA Disability Football Club Directory
• A disability football club engagement guide
Clubs who achieve Bronze Level will receive a voucher code for the value of £25.00 which can be used against any order on www.discountfootballkits.com upon completion.
Clubs who achieve Silver Level will receive a voucher code for the value of £50.00 which can be used against any order on www.discountfootballkits.com upon completion.
Clubs who achieve Gold Level will receive a voucher code for the value of £75.00 which can be used against any order on www.discountfootballkits.com upon completion.
Upon committing to a pledge every club will receive:
• A Pledge Card with details of their pledge.
• A dedicated staff member on hand to support clubs throughout the pledge process.
• A professionally printed hard copy of the BBFA Disability Football Club Directory.
• A high quality digital copy of the BBFA Disability Football Club Directory.
• A disability football club engagement guide.
• Access to our national ‘Pledge Club’ Hive Network. This is an Idea sharing platform linking all National Pledge Clubs.
1) As a club decide what you want your disability football pledge to look like
2) Complete the online form: click here
3) Club will receive positive coverage via social media
4) Pledge clubs will receive direct support from the County FA throughout the season to help them achieve their pledge for the 2019/2020 season.
5) Clubs achieving their pledge will receive their DKF voucher incentive upon completion.