The Government-led Disability Confident scheme highlights employers that are changing their businesses’ behaviour and cultures by demonstrating a fair commitment to inclusive recruitment practices and diversity in the workplace.
The scheme is built on three levels designed to support employers on their journey:
• Disability Confident Committed (Level 1)
• Disability Confident Employer (Level 2)
• Disability Confident Leader (Level 3)
As a Disability Confident Committed organisation, we have proven our inclusivity and values-led company culture for staff, ensuring equal opportunities for everyone.
• Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
• Communicating and promoting vacancies.
• Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
• Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.
• Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term.
• Health condition, enabling them to stay in work.
• At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people.
Berks & Bucks FA offers a job interview to any disabled person who meets the minimum criteria for a vacancy and provides support where needed. The business also provides reasonable adjustments to support existing employees who may acquire a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay at work.
Liz Verrall, CEO at Berks & Bucks FA said: "We are passionate about making a difference by connecting people and changing lives. Our new Disability Confident Committed status is a testament to our inclusive approach to create a thriving workplace where everyone feels valued and respected, while ensuring we represent the county that we all live and work in.
"We look forward to progressing through the scheme and achieving Disability Confident Employer (Level 2) status and continuing to reap the many benefits of our inclusive practices."
Find out more about Disability Confident here.