We’ve been closely assessing the impact that lockdown and the COVID-19 crisis is having, and continues to have, on all our learners and stakeholders, and having carefully considered the implications of running courses, we have decided not to deliver any new face-to-face education courses between now and December 2020.
Learners who were originally booked onto the courses have been contacted to inform them of this update and will be entitled to a full refund.
We are planning to complete a very small number of courses which were almost finished as the country went into lockdown. Learners on these courses have been notified of our intention and we hope to be able to complete their learning before the deadline of 31st December 2020. We will also continue to support Level 2 & UEFA B learners who have completed courses and require in-situ visits. More information around in-situ visits will be communicated directly to individuals in the next few weeks.
Additionally, all individuals who’s IFAiF (FA Emergency First Aid) qualification will expired between the 1st February 2020 and 31st Jully 2021, have had an extension applied to their FAN record with qualifications now valid until 31st July 2021.
FA Education continue to offer the two below courses to support first aid in football. Both courses are free, online and can be accessed by any internet enabled devic
Looking ahead, The FA are intending to launch a new delivery model from March 2021 with information being made available soon. During the interim period, there are a number of online courses and modules which new volunteers and coaches can access for free via FA Learning:
The FA Playmaker
• The FA Playmaker supported by BT: an introductory course for people over 14 new to support football activities. This course includes information about equality, diversity, concussion and planning safe and inclusive football activities as well as an introductory safeguarding module called “Safeguarding For All”.
• Safeguarding Children Workshop - Re-certification (Renewal): Individuals who’s FA Safeguarding qualification has expired, you are able to access the course for free by clicking here.
• Safeguarding 'For All': This new introductory safeguarding course identical to the module within The FA Playmaker that stands alone and can be taken by anyone over the age of 14 years old.
First Aid Courses
• The FA’s Concussion Guidelines: Learners how to recognise and manage a concussion from the time of injury through to a player’s safe return to football
• Sudden Cardiac Arrest: Unfortunately, a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) can happen to anyone. This learning is designed to help you recognise an SCA and respond appropriately.
Ongoing Coach Development & Support
• The FA Boot Room: The home of coaching and learning resources including coaching guides, tutorials, courses and interviews from FA Coaches.
• BBFA Online Coaching Programme: This summer we held over 40 webinars with CPD sessions, Podcast Live!! episodes, Q&A from coaches and classic match reviews.
We will also be creating a new and improved CPD programme for 2020/21 season to support local coaches to continue their development with details available soon.
Register Your Interest
If you would like to register your interest on a FA Course in 2021 please click here. Registering will enable us to keep you updated and provide information on FA courses for 2021.
We do apologise for any inconvenience it may cause learners in the interim but we do look forward to the 2021 Education Programme and will update once information is available.
Keep up the great work and look forward to connecting again very soon.