FA Coach Mentor Programme
Offering on-the-ground support
This programme represents a major investment in the grassroots game and offers on-the-ground support to FA Charter Standard Clubs, leagues and target groups.
The FA sees the development of coaches as central to the development of the game, and working collaboratively accelerates learning and supports coaches’ development.
Mentoring support at a club could include:
- Developing a whole club philosophy
- Group coaching demonstrations
- 1:1 coaching, match-day observation and support
- Signposting to relevant courses and events
- Needs analysis for individual coaches
- Modelling of coaching sessions for individual coaches
- Individual feedback
- An individual learning programme
In 2015/16 the FA Coach Mentor Programme supported 9,383 coaches and 615 clubs.
If you're interested in getting involved with the programme and having mentoring support at your club for the 2019/20 season simply register your interest using the below link and somebody will be in touch with you closer to the time.
Register your interest in the 2019/20 Mentoring Support Programme
The FA Coaching Bursary
An inclusive initiative designed to support more coaches from under-represented communities with a financial contribution to progress on their coaching pathways