VACANCY | Safeguarding & Behaviour Director
Join our team
SAfeguarding & Behaviour Director
Position: Berks & Bucks FA – Safeguarding & Behaviour Director
Location: Our office is based in Abingdon (OX14 1SG) most of the role can be conducted remotely,
although meetings are currently face to face.
Salary: This is a voluntary position; reasonable expenses will be paid in line with our policy.
Hours: It is expected that this role will require, on average 5 hours per month.
Berks & Bucks FA take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously, we are looking for an individual to champion safeguarding across the County while ensuring that our activities, policies and procedures are checked and challenged.
The Safeguarding & Behaviour Director is a key component of our Board to ensure that safeguarding remains a priority and that safeguarding practices are embedded across the organisation. The individual will have a child centred approach and is passionate to ensuring that we provide a positive environment for children and young people to experience the beautiful game.
• Serve as a Director of the Association.
• Execute the responsibilities of a Company Director in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation.
• To ensure Berks & Bucks FA always acts in keeping with legislation, statutory guidance and the FA’s Safeguarding Policies and procedures and the FA’s Safeguarding 365 Standard for county FAs.
• To ensure Berks & Bucks FA safeguarding and accountabilities are embedded in the County FA
Strategy, business plan, budget, risk register and Operational Plan.
• To ensure that County FA enables and provides relevant safeguarding training for the Board, staff, volunteers, and committee members.
• To ensure Berks & Bucks FA Board receives and checks and challenges information on progress against key areas of safeguarding work.
• To check and challenge to ensure that the interests of children and young people are paramount in all activities and the best interests of adults at risk are given due consideration.
Who we're looking for...
A committed, child centred individual who can support Berks & Bucks FA to excel in safeguarding. Someone with a background in safeguarding and or child protection. The successful candidate will be supportive, have a can-do approach and has excellent interpersonal skills to form strong and productive professional relationships.
You'll really impress us if...
You have a range of business skills that will add value to the Berks & Bucks Football Association.
Please submit you application form, Equality & Diversity monitoring form with an accompanying CV to Liz.Verrall@Berks-BucksFA.com. The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 15th May 2023.
For an informal conversation regarding the role or the organisation, please book in a conversation with Chief Executive Officer, Liz Verrall via email at Liz.Verrall@Berks-BucksFA.com
Board of Directors - Applicant Pack
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
Further informationBerks & Bucks FA are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all communities.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to undertake a FA enhanced DBS check before commencement in the post. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, and all members of the board are required to keep up to date with training and qualifications to ensure we are keeping our football community safe.