These are the steps individuals need to take in order to become an FA qualified referee;
1. Register for a FA Number or retrieve a previous one (in the learner’s name);
2. Expression of interest completed;
3. FA Referee Course Online Modules completed (using the learner's FA number);
4. FA Safeguarding Education course completed (using the learner's FA number);
6. FA DBS if aged 16 or above should you wish to referee adult football;
7. Following completion of the course, referee a minimum of 5 games;
8. Complete the final unit (online).