Berks & Bucks Football Association is seeking to recruit a Referee Mentor Lead to coordinate our Mentor Programme for BBFA Referees to aid and support delivery of the Referee National Game Strategy in our region.
Specific areas of work will include:
1. To support the delivery of the Berks & Bucks FA Referee Development Team by co-ordination of appointments for Trainee Referees and Referee Mentors.
2. To ensure that 90 Trainee Referees have at least 1 Referee Mentor Visit from a sample of our completed Referee Courses. (Immediate priority)
3. To assist with Recruitment of new Referee Mentors from the Berks- Bucks FA pool.
4. To liaise with the Leagues appointments officers with regards to support, observations and availability. To appoint Trainee Referees with Referee Mentors on a regular basis based on supply and demand.
5. To liaise with the Berks-Bucks FA Referee Training Officer during the programme.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to developing Referees within Berks & Bucks and have an understanding of local grassroots football structure & development pathways. They will be motivated to work individually and within a team and be willing to work flexible hours, and be able to plan, set & achieve objectives to meet deadlines. They will also have a creative and innovative approach to solving problems. The successful applicant will be based from home.
The role requires a commitment to attend Quarterly meetings with the Referee Training Officer to go through reporting/data/stats. The initial term is to June 2025 (end of season 2024-25), at which point, the incumbent will be invited to apply.
Please complete and application form (download below) along with a copy of your CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this role to Minesh Gupta, marking all correspondence ‘Private & Confidential', via email Minesh.Gupta@Berks-BucksFA.com. Alternatively, please return via post to Minesh Gupta, Berks & Bucks FA, First Floor Stratton House, Kimber Road, Abingdon, OX14 1SG.
The closing date for applications is 11:59pm on Thursday 29th February, 2024. Interviews will be held on Teams the week commencing 11th March 2024.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Minesh Gupta Referee Training Officer on (01235) 527680 or via Minesh.Gupta@Berks-BucksFA.com
For full details of the role including application form, please view the below document:
Role Description & Application Form