VACANCY | Disability Football Ambassador
Disability Football Ambassadors
Vacancy Type: Casual Contracts (50 hours per contract)
Salary: £25 (per hour)
Closing Date: Friday 7th April 2023
Location: Remote (Travel as required across the County)
Roles Available: Two (Designated by County - Berkshire & Buckinghamshire)
Berks & Bucks FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a passion for grassroots disability football to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving 2 and 3-star England Accredited Clubs to apply the key learnings from the Disability Club Training to create their own Disability Football Game Plan; creating more club-based accessible opportunities for disabled people to play, coach and/or volunteer.
• Create more club-based accessible opportunities for disabled people to play, coach and/or volunteer
• Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following completion of the ‘Ambassador Training’
• Signpost and help clubs access relevant support
• Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners
• Collaborate with County FA staff, National FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders
• Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club
What we are looking for
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for disability football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players, parents and volunteers can face.
Berks & Bucks FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process.
The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
Berks & Bucks FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
• Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to Development@Berks-BucksFA.com no later than midnight on Friday 7th April.
• Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by no later than Tuesday 11th April to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams in the w/c 17th April.
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
Working for Berks & Bucks FA - Applicant Pack
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Rod Noble at Development@Berks-BucksFA.com for an informal discussion.