Referee Training Officer
Location: Abingdon (OX14 1SG) - with travel across Berkshire & Buckinghamshire as required and opportunities for remote working.
Salary: Band 4 (£24,300 - £29,700) per annum, dependent on experience.
Hours: 35 hours per week. (Requirement to work evenings and weekends, in line with the demands of the role.)
Contract: Full time - Fixed Term Contract (Expiring June 2025).
Berks & Bucks FA prides itself on being an organisation run by good people and believes that EVERYONE should be able to play football in a safe environment. Our role is simple to lead, protect and support an individual’s journey in football by inspiring a lifelong relationship with the game.
We are looking for a motivated individual to lead on the delivery of The FA Referee Course with experience of training and ongoing mentoring to join us as a full-time Referee Training Officer.
Identify areas of need for referees across Berks & Bucks FA and manage the delivery of referee education and recruitment strategies accordingly.
• Deliver Referee Courses equating to 3 courses per month (Majority of Evening & Weekend Delivery)
• Assist in the recruitment & development of the referee developer workforce including Developers & Mentors and other volunteers involved in supporting referees ensuring that all safeguarding criteria are met.
Who we're looking for...
• Someone who is confident in managing multiple work priorities
• An individual who has experience of refereeing and/or referee development.
• Engaging communicator, comfortable presenting in a group setting
You'll really impress us if...
• You have the ability to highlight issues/challenges and identify suitable solutions.
• You have Skills in creating, delivering and maintaining pathways which support the growth, transition and retention of refereesou
What you’ll get:
• The organisation’s commitment to your training and development
• Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
• A forward-thinking employer with people at the heart of decisions
• 25 annual leave + bank holidays
• Hybrid working & family friendly policies
Please submit you application form, Equality & Diversity monitoring form with an accompanying CV to Hiring@Berks-BucksFA.com
Closing date & Interviews
The deadline for applications is 9am on Wednesday 5th July 2023
. In-person interviews will take place week commencing 10th July 2023
If you have any questions about the role or would like an informal discussion, please contact, Football Workforce Manager, Richard Brant, on 01235 544890 or via email.
Working for Berks & Bucks FA - Applicant Pack
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
Berks & Bucks FA are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all communities.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to undertake a FA enhanced DBS check before commencement in the post. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, and all members of the board are required to keep up to date with training and qualifications to ensure we are keeping our football community safe.