Position: Community Engagement Manager
Location: Abingdon, OX14 1SG (with travel across Berkshire & Buckinghamshire required)
Salary: £30,000 – £36,000 (depending on experience and qualifications)
Hours: Full-Time - 35 hours per working week
Berks & Bucks FA prides itself on being an organisation run by good people and believes that EVERYONE should have access to Football regardless of background and/or ability.
As such, we’re looking for a COMMUNITY ENGAGMENT MANAGER to inspire and develop participation in communities who face barriers to participation to showcase the value sport can have to tackle societal concerns across Berkshire & Buckinghamshire.
The post requires creativity, determination, and dedication; our ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of community organisations, working with charities and community groups, an outstanding knowledge and appreciation for under-represented communities in sport and the ability to influence at the highest level.
• To plan and manage activities and interventions encouraging participation from diverse communities
• To work with key partners to use sport to tackle inequalities & societal concerns
• To work with the CEO to embed inclusion into the everyday operations and culture
• To develop and implement a Community Engagement strategy for the organisation.
• To showcase the power football can have in developing people and communities.
Who we’re looking for:
• A genuine, reliable person who works relentlessly to overcome obstacles.
• A forward thinking, curious individual willing to take informed risks.
• Strong inter-personal skills to influence collaboration and outcomes
• Outstanding commitment and knowledge to inclusion, equality and diversity
• Strong project management skills
• Knowledge and experience of working with community organisations/charities.
You’ll really impress us if:
• You have a track record of working strategically across different organisations
• You have experience of writing and influencing successful funding bids
• Experience of working with and in diverse communities.
What you’ll get:
• The organisation’s commitment to your training and development
• Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
• A forward-thinking employer with people at the heart of decisions
25 annual leave + bank holidays
• Hybrid working & family friendly policies
If you are interested in the role, please contact Liz Verrall, Chief Executive Officer on 07471 504587 or email Liz.Verrall@Berks-BucksFA.com, to arrange a date/time for an informal confidential conversation and/or an application pack.
Alternatively, please send your CV and completed application form to Liz Verrall via email.
Closing date & Interviews:
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st October. Interviews will be arranged for week commencing 7th November.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Anonymous Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
Berks & Bucks FA are an equal opportunities employee and welcome applicants from all communities.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to undertake a FA enhanced DBS check before commencement of employment.