VACANCY | Equal Game Ambassador (Women & Girls')
Job Title: Equal Game Ambassador - Women & Girls Football
Vacancy Type: Casual Contracts (50 hours per contract)
Salary: £25 (per hour)
Closing Date: Thursday 17th November 2022
Location: Remote (Travel as required across the County)
Roles Available: Two (Designated by County - Berkshire & Buckinghamshire)
These are exciting times for Women & Girls Football in the area, following the success of the Lionesses this Summer. We are looking forward to growing the number of clubs offering female provision and the successful candidate(s) for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to deliver this.
Berks & Bucks FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process.
The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
Berks & Bucks FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual(s) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for support grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
• Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’
• Signpost and help clubs access relevant support
• Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners
• Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders
• Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club
What we are looking for
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for female football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
Equality and Diversity
Berks & Bucks FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to Development@Berks-BucksFA.com no later than midnight on Thursday 17th November. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by no later than Friday 18th November to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams in the w/c 21st November.
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Alex Pratt at Development@Berks-BucksFA.com for an informal discussion.