Berks & Bucks Football Association
Facility & Investment Officer (Fixed Term Contract, expiring June 2025)
Salary: Band 4: £24,300 - £29,700 per annum (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: Monday 25th July 2022
Berks & Bucks FA is the local governing body for football covering Berkshire & Buckinghamshire. Our role is simple, to lead, protect and support an individual’s journey in football by inspiring a lifelong relationship with the game. Football has the power to Change Lives and Connect People, and this is why we do what we do.
These are exciting times for the County FA as we support football’s response and recovery from COVID and look forward to the launch of our new three-year strategy and a relocation of the County FA office. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to achieve our ambitions.
You can find out more about Berks & Bucks FA and the work we do on our website at www.Berks-BucksFA.com
Berks & Bucks County Football Association is seeking to appoint a highly motivated & enthusiastic sports development professional for the position of Facility & Investment Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for pro-actively improving & increasing the quality of grass pitches as well as supporting organisations with the development of 3G pitches, changing pavilions and other capital projects.
The principle responsibilities of the role will include;
- Deliver all activities that ensure every affiliated football fixture is played on a ‘good’ quality pitch, including the promotion of the Grass Pitch Maintenance Fund
- Track the quantity and quality of football pitches and ground locations for affiliated fixtures via Pitch Power.
- Develop a programme to recognize and support individuals responsible for grounds maintenance
- Deliver support days to monitor and evaluate previously funded Football Foundation projects and provide guidance to ensure they are successful.
- Promote the Football Foundation’s Small Grant Scheme to clubs, leagues and other local partners
- Ensure all 3G pitches are on the FA Register
A full list of the responsibilities and the person specification can be found in the job description found at the bottom of this page.
Berks & Bucks FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
Equality and Diversity
Berks & Bucks FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• To apply, please complete the online Application Form no later than 23:59 on Monday 25th July 2022
. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
• We also ask all candidates to submit the optional Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form to support our commitment to ensuring we are inclusive in our approach.
• Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by email.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held week commencing the 1st August 2022.
Job Description and Person Specification
Anonymous Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jon Wood, Head of Delivery, on 01235 544890 or via Jonathan.Wood@Berks-BucksFA.com
for an informal discussion.