Position: Community & Inclusion Manager
Location: Abingdon, OX14 1SG (with travel across Berkshire & Buckinghamshire required)
Salary: £30,000 – £36,000 (depending on experience and qualifications)
Hours: Full-Time - 35 hours per working week
Berks & Bucks FA prides itself on being an organisation run by good people and believes that EVERYONE should have access to Football regardless of background and/or ability.
As such, we’re looking for a COMMUNITY & INCLUSION MANAGER to inspire and develop participation in communities who face barriers to participation to showcase the value sport can have to tackle societal concerns across Berkshire & Buckinghamshire.
The post requires creativity, determination, and dedication; our ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of community organisations, working with charities and community groups, an outstanding knowledge and appreciation for under-represented communities in sport and the ability to influence at the highest level.
• To plan and manage activities and interventions encouraging participation from diverse communities
• To work with key partners to use sport to tackle inequalities & societal concerns
• To work with the CEO to embed inclusion into the everyday operations and culture
• To develop and implement a Community Engagement strategy for the organisation.
• To showcase the power football can have in developing people and communities.
Who we’re looking for:
• A genuine, reliable person who works relentlessly to overcome obstacles.
• A forward thinking, curious individual willing to take informed risks.
• Strong inter-personal skills to influence collaboration and outcomes
• Outstanding commitment and knowledge to inclusion, equality and diversity
• Strong project management skills
• Knowledge and experience of working with community organisations/charities.
You’ll really impress us if:
• You have a track record of working strategically across different organisations
• You have experience of writing and influencing successful funding bids
• Experience of working with and in diverse communities.
What you’ll get:
• The organisation’s commitment to your training and development
• Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
• A forward-thinking employer with people at the heart of decisions
25 annual leave + bank holidays
• Hybrid working & family friendly policies
If you are interested in the role, please contact Liz Verrall, Chief Executive Officer on 07471 504587 or email Liz.Verrall@Berks-BucksFA.com, to arrange a date/time for an informal confidential conversation and/or an application pack.
Alternatively, please send your CV and completed application form to Liz Verrall via email.
Closing date & Interviews:
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 4th January 2023. Interviews will be held on Friday 13th January 2023.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Anonymous Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
Berks & Bucks FA are an equal opportunities employee and welcome applicants from all communities.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to undertake a FA enhanced DBS check before commencement of employment.