Berks & Bucks Football Association
Football Participation Manager (Facilities Lead)
Salary: Band 3 (£30,000 - £36,000) per annum, dependent on experience
Contract: Fixed Term Contract, expiring June 2025
Closing Date: Monday 29th August 2022
Berks & Bucks FA is the local governing body for football covering Berkshire & Buckinghamshire. Our role is simple, to lead, protect and support an individual’s journey in football by inspiring a lifelong relationship with the game. Football has the power to Change Lives and Connect People, and this is why we do what we do.
These are exciting times for the County FA as we support football’s response and recovery from COVID and look forward to the launch of our new three-year strategy and a relocation of the County FA office. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to achieve our ambitions.
You can find out more about Berks & Bucks FA and the work we do on our website at www.Berks-BucksFA.com
Berks & Bucks County Football Association is seeking to appoint a highly motivated & enthusiastic sports development professional for the position of Football Participation Manager (Facilities Lead). The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small team of Development Officers as well as pro-actively improving & increasing the quality of grass pitches, supporting organisations with the development of 3G Artificial Grass Pitches pitches and other capital projects.
The principle responsibilities of the role will include;
• Deliver all activities that ensure every affiliated football fixture is played on a ‘good’ quality pitch, including the promotion of the Grass Pitch Maintenance Fund.
• Manage the BBFA’s Development Officers responsible for the Player Pathway.
• Develop a programme to recognize and support individuals responsible for grounds maintenance.
• Work with identified projects surrounding the application and delivery 3G Artificial Grass Pitches.
• Deliver support days to monitor and evaluate previously funded Football Foundation projects and provide guidance to ensure they are successful.
A full list of the responsibilities and the person specification can be found in the attached job description.
Equality and Diversity
Berks & Bucks FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
Job Description and Person Specification
Anonymous Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
About the application and selection process
• To apply, please complete the online Application Form no later than 23:59 on Monday 29th August 2022.
• Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
• We also ask all candidates to submit the optional Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form to support our commitment to ensuring we are inclusive in our approach.
• Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by email.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Wednesday 31st August to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held on w/c 5th September.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jon Wood, Head of Delivery, on 01235 544890 or via Jonathan.Wood@Berks-BucksFA.com
for an informal discussion.