Berks & Bucks Football Association
referee Development Officer (Full Time - 35hrs per week)
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th August 2021
Berks & Bucks FA is the local governing body for football covering Berkshire & Buckinghamshire. Our role is simple, to lead, protect and support an individual’s journey in football by inspiring a lifelong relationship with the game. Football has the power to Change Lives and Connect People, and this is why we do what we do.
These are exciting times for the County FA as we support football’s response and recovery from Covid and look forward to the launch of our new three-year strategy and a relocation of the County FA office. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to achieve our ambitions.
You can find out more about Berks & Bucks FA and the work we do on our website at www.Berks-BucksFA.com.
Berks & Bucks County Football Association is seeking to appoint a highly motivated & enthusiastic sports development professional for the position of Referee Development Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and implementing effective recruitment and retention strategies for our referees, supporting the wider refereeing workforce, and aiding the progression of talented referees.
The principle responsibilities of the role will include;
• Lead, plan and deliver Referee Development strategy within the County Operational Plan
• To recruit, convert, retain, develop and progress referees to service the game across Berks & Bucks FA
• Work with Leagues & Clubs to ensure ongoing support and communication to all referees
• To monitor the referee workforce and provide support and guidance
A full list of the responsibilities and the person specification can be found in the attached job description.
Berks & Bucks FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
Equality and Diversity
Berks & Bucks FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• To apply, please complete the online Application Form no later than 23:59 on Wednesday 11th August 2021
. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
• We also ask all candidates to submit the optional Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form to support our commitment to ensuring we are inclusive in our approach.
• Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by email.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Thursday 5th August to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held on Thursday 19th August 2021.
• Job Description and Person Specification
• Online Application Form
• Anonymous Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Head of Delivery, Jon Wood, on 01235544890 or via Jonathan.Wood@Berks-BucksFA.com
for an informal discussion.