Vacancy | Football Development Officer
Berks & Bucks Football Association
Football Development Officer (Full Time - 35hrs per week)
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: Monday 26 July 2021
Berks & Bucks FA is the local governing body for football covering Berkshire & Buckinghamshire. Our role is simple, to lead, protect and support an individual’s journey in football by inspiring a lifelong relationship with the game. Football has the power to Change Lives and Connect People, and this is why we do what we do.
These are exciting times for the County FA as we support football’s response and recovery from Covid and look forward to the launch of our new three-year strategy and a relocation of the County FA office. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to achieve our ambitions.
You can find out more about Berks & Bucks FA and the work we do on our website at www.Berks-BucksFA.com.
Berks & Bucks County Football Association is seeking to appoint a highly motivated & enthusiastic sports development professional for the position of Football Development Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for pro-actively improving & increasing football opportunities for women & girls, as well as leading on the co-ordination of local social & recreational football initiatives.
The principle responsibilities of the role will include;
• Lead, plan and deliver the Women and Girls football strategy within the County Operational Plan
• Work collaboratively with affiliated Leagues & Clubs to influence the effective delivery of sustainable female affiliated football
• Support and deliver the FA’s key Women & Girls initiatives at a local level e.g. Weetabix Wildcats
• Increase male recreational football participation via The FA Just Play programme and Flexible Competition
A full list of the responsibilities and the person specification can be found in the attached job description.
Berks & Bucks FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
Equality and Diversity
Berks & Bucks FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• To apply, please complete the online Application Form no later than 23:59 on Monday 26th July 2021. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
• We also ask all candidates to submit the optional Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form to support our commitment to ensuring we are inclusive in our approach.
• Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by email.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Wednesday 28th July to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held on Friday 6th August 2021.
• Job Description and Person Specification
• Online Application Form
• Anonymous Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Head of Delivery, Jon Wood, on 01235544890 or via Jonathan.Wood@Berks-BucksFA.com for an informal discussion.