Berks & Bucks County Football Association
Designated Safeguarding Officer - Full Time (fixed Term contract to June 30th 2022)
Salary: £24,000-£26,000 per annum dependent on experience
Berks & Bucks County Football Association is seeking to recruit a full time County FA Safeguarding Officer to work primarily at our headquarters in Abingdon.
The position has a key responsibility to safeguard children and vulnerable adults across the Football areas of Berkshire & Buckinghamshire – in line with legislation and FA policy and procedures. This position reports directly to the Head of Football Services and works closely with all areas across the organisation. Collectively we will ensure that the County have vital Safeguarding support for clubs and leagues across the working week.
The successful candidate will be approachable, a team player and have a child-centred approach as well as the ability to maintain this perspective when carrying out the role.
The role includes:
- Promotion of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults’ policy and procedures
- Refer to FA Case Management Safeguarding children and adults at risk abuse concerns and act in accordance with FA safeguarding regulations, policy and procedures, and as agreed with The FA Safeguarding Team;
- Manage poor practice concerns relating to children and adults at risk in accordance with FA regulations, safeguarding policy, procedures and disciplinary processes; providing guidance to clubs and leagues.
- Addressing poor behaviour and raising standards in grassroots football through the promotion of good practice and a pro-active approach to interventions.
- Co-ordinate CFA safeguarding visits, spot checks/audits on clubs throughout the season to ensure they are compliant with the records they have submitted to the CFA;
- Lead & deliver against actions within the Berks & Bucks FA Operational Plan specifically involving the Respect Programme, Football Monitors Programme and young people in open age football.
To apply you must be passionate about and committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults at a local level. You must be able to work under pressure, sometimes dealing with conflict and possible animosity whilst maintaining confidentiality. In addition, you must manage multiple priorities, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to positively influence at all levels.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the job description. All applications must be marked “Private & Confidential” and sent to Alastair.Kay@Berks-BucksFA.com by no later than 9am on Monday 21st September.
Interviews scheduled for Wednesday 30th September 2020
Berks & Bucks County FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
DOWNLOAD THE ROLE/JOB DESCRIPTION
DOWNLOAD THE EQUALITY MONITORING APPLICATION FORM
As this role involves regulated activity with children or young people under the age of 18, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Check to ensure their suitability for the role.