Senior Cup winners 2012-13

Mick Parry Cup Final - Match Report

The Berks & Bucks FA U18’s season concluded today with a narrow 1- 0 defeat in the final of the Mick Parry Cup final, which was played at...

Berks & Bucks FA 0 v Devon FA 1 (Mick Parry Cup Final)

Despite overnight rain, the pitch remained hard although in very good condition considering the time of year and there was a strong wind on a sunny day.

As with many cup finals, the first half was a cagey affair with both sides trying to come to terms with the conditions and the occasion with both sides only mustering a couple of ½ chances each during the first 45 minutes.

Devon FA shot wide from 20 yards in the 8th minute after good link up play and hit the side netting from a shot in the 23rd minute.

Berks & Bucks FA had a half chance in the 6th minute after good work from Klaus Reeves (Ascot United) and Liam Moore (Stony Stratford). Liam’s cross came into the box and Ty Deacon (Aylesbury) tried an audacious overhead kick that went wide and Reece Fosh (Wycombe) had a 22 yard shot well saved in the 38th minute.

Half Time: Berks & Bucks FA 0 v Devon FA 0

With cup final nerves out of the way, it was the Berks & Bucks FA that dominated the first 35 minutes of the 2nd half.

Substitute, Connor Hall (Ascot United) drove past the left back and crossed to the far post where Travis Hodge (Windsor) volleyed his shot that was met with a great save from the Devon FA keeper.

With the tempo of the football higher, it was Klaus Reeves (Ascot United) that took on the left back and crossed to Travis Hodge at the far post but Travis fired his shot wide.

Another ½ chance was spurned in the 17th minute when good link up play between Klaus and Ben Slade (Hayes & Yeading) ended with a shot going wide once again.


With a fairly even set of teams it was inevitable that a mistake would lead to the opening goal and the match winner and so it proved with a category of errors in the 37th minute! Oscar Friel (Luton Town Cedars) mistimed a challenge but saw the ball ricochet to a Devon FA forward. His control was poor and the ball went forward where Berks & Bucks keeper, Mahmood Sullyman (Aylesbury), managed to beat him to the ball by toeing it away. However, he ball fell to their midfielder just outside the box and he fired in a shot to the delight of the travelling contingent.

Despite a valiant effort to restore parity, Berks & Bucks FA were unable to equalise and congratulations go to Devon FA for their win.

Final Score: Berks & Bucks FA 0 v Devon FA 1

Manager Stuart Dickson said afterwards “Congratulations to Devon FA on their win. Berks & Bucks FA have played a lot better this season and lost but today we didn’t appear to be at our best and the missed chances early in the 2nd half ultimately cost us the game.

I cannot fault the effort of the Berks & Bucks FA and ten of the squad players are still eligible for the representative side next year so the future could be a bright one next season.

Brian, Paul and I would like to thank all players who have represented the Berks & Bucks FA this year and we wish the players leaving the squad all the best in their future playing careers. It has been a pleasure to manage them”.

The Berks & Bucks FA will be holding trials for next season in early July. If you have the ability to play representative football, or know someone who does, then please get in touch.

Berks & Bucks FA Representative Squad:

Adam Smith                Tadley
Mahmood Sullyman    Aylesbury
Charlie Barnett            Windsor
Hayden Clack             Burnham (Man of the match)
Klaus Reeves              Ascot United
Oscar Friell                 Luton Town Cedars
Isaiah Joseph              Ascot
Callum Neal                Chesham United
Ty Deacon                  Aylesbury
Ben Slade                   Hayes & Yeading
Travis Hodge              Windsor
Liam Moore                Stony Stratford
Zak Crossingham        Aylesbury
Ken Feyi                     Aylesbury
Reece Fosh                 Wycombe
Connor Hall                Ascot United