FA Junior Football Leaders Course
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PARTICIPANTS
Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, in line with UK Government and FA advice at this time, we have postponed all FA Education Courses until further notice.
Whilst we aren't currently accepting bookings for date specific courses, we are inviting people to Register your Interest in future courses. By doing so now you will help us better plan where and when courses are organised across the region once we are able to resume.
To Register Your Interest in this course, scroll to the 'Available Dates' section at the bottom of this page and click on the 'Register Your Interest' tab.
Minimum Age: 12
Course Duration: 6 hours, learners also need to complete 4 hours of volunteering
Price: £20View available dates
Developing leadership within the game and beyond
The FA Junior Football Leaders Award, awarded by FA Education, provides a basic introduction to the leadership skills required when involved in football. The course introduces four areas: assisting football activity sessions, an introduction to refereeing, helping with a team and different football events. In addition to these areas, Respect, promoting and developing the game are embedded.
- How to get involved in Football
- Getting involved and helping those involved to ‘get better’
- Creating a safe learning environment
- Organising games
- Introduction to the basics of FUNdamentals
- Preparing to referee
- Whistle techniques and introduction to Ball In, Ball Out
- Safety of the players and re-starts to the game
- Preparing for the game
- Warm-up prior to the game
- Organising and managing players expectations
- An introduction to three different formats of competition
- Using these in a practical setting
The aim of the course is to provide learners with a basic understanding of leadership skills that may be used within the game and beyond.
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Please also note; when signing up to one of our courses, please include relevant medical information in the 'sign up note' box.