Since the 2018/2019 season, County FAs have been required to provide Written Reasons for all serious misconduct charges heard by a Personal Hearing.
A “serious misconduct charge” is defined as one of the following offences:
• Improper Conduct – Assault by Participant on Participant
• Improper Conduct – Assault on a Match Official
• Improper Conduct Towards a Match official (including physical contact and threatening and/or abusive language/behaviour)
• Improper Conduct Towards a Match official (threatening and/or abusive language/behaviour)
• Any case where the sanction imposed is in excess of 10 matches or 112 days
Written reasons for cases involving young players will be produced but will not be made public.
Berks & Bucks FA - Written Reasons
Want to know why a player or manager was suspended or a club was fined? View our library of local BBFA hearing decisions for serious misconduct charges.