Working with Bluefin Insurance, we are pleased to offer referees the following insurance plan for the 2016-17 season.
Annual premium of £6.20 including Insurance Premium Tax (9.5%) per person
The scheme operates from a set period each year - 1 May 2016 to 30 April 2017 inclusive. The premium and expiry date remain the same regardless of when someone joins the scheme.
Highlights of the Insurance include:
Insurance offered to Registered referees, Registered assessors, Registered coaches, Society members
Age Limit Extension: Reduced benefits included as standard for members between 75 and 80 years of age
New Benefit: Primary Dislocation: £100 following the dislocation of Kneecap, Shoulder, Elbow or Hip
Physio Enhancement: to include Chiropractic treatment
Exclusions to the policy include:
Being a professional referee or coach.
- Suicide or deliberate self harm
- Claims as a direct result of an insured person being a member of the armed forces.
- Any claim attributable either to arthritic or other degenerative conditions in joints bones, muscles, tendons or ligaments.
- Repetitive stress (strain) injury or syndrome.
- Influence of alcohol, solvents, drugs or medication unless prescribed.
- Sickness or disease.
- Naturally occurring condition or gradually operating cause.
- Engaging in a criminal act, riot or civil commotion.
- Temporary total disablement if the insured person has no paid usual occupation or if the insured persons usual occupation is as a referee or assessor.
Please see the policy summary for full details.
Once your Referee registration has been completed Via The Whole Game System from 25th April 2016, you will be given access to purchase Referee Insurance. Please note that this is an optional service available to Berks & Bucks FA registered referees and is not a compulsory requirement for of registration for a referee to have insurance. Please also not that there are other referee insurance policies available on the market.
If any Referee has any questions regarding the Referee Insurance, please contact Lisa Benn, Referee Development Officer.