View from seat

Referee Transfers

Moving to Berks & Bucks or moving away?


If you still want to be connected with us then we can help you and help you continue refereeing in another's never really the end.

Whether you're arriving into Berkshire or Buckinghamshire, or departing for another county, be it for studies or work, we are here to help make your transition as smooth as possible.

If you're are planning on moving to Berks & Bucks from another county and wish to continue refereeing, then please make it known at your earliest convenience by contacting the Berks & Bucks FA Referee Department by email to, we will then contact your current County FA to make them aware of the transition and that you use to officiate in Berks & Bucks. 

If you are planning on leaving Berks & Bucks and wish to continue refereeing in another county, the same process still applies. You must inform the new local County FA that you wish to be registered with them. You can do so by email or by contacting the relevant County FA; please click here for contact details.

University Or Education Setting

We would also recommend informing your University and/or Academic Institution that you are a qualified referee as there may be opportunities to develop further within the University such as Referee Activator roles. Find your sport department at the University and get in touch!

Got what it takes?

We also have opportunities for people to become referee mentors. To qualify to be a mentor, you should have the following: 

Be a qualified, registered referee 
Experience from which our referees can learn
Attend the Referee Developer Course
Have an in date CRC check & Safeguarding Children qualification
Attend relevant meetings and CPD events

If you are interested in becoming a mentor, but need help obtaining any of the above, please get in touch, we can help!


Frequently asked questions about referee transfers

We have several popular and active Referees Associations running throughout the county. Contact us for more information on your nearest RA.

Yes of course; you can be registered with you parent county FA (resident county/main county FA) along with a different county FA should you move into a different area. As long as you are a registered referee you can referee anywhere in the country. Your parent county FA and new county FA must be aware that you wish to be registered and affiliated with them both if that is the case.

Alternatively you can apply through the registration process on WGS.

You can contact us on or on 01235 544890 and we can help with any enquiry. We will be able to select the appropriate leagues for you to contact that suit your level of qualification and availability. 

Get in Touch

By Phone: 01235 544890

By Email:

Related Articles

View All