Football Foundation Energy Support Programme

Energy Support Programme

A new £6M programme providing support for clubs and organisations to become more energy-efficient

Energy Support Programme

The Premier League, The FA and Government’s Football Foundation has announced a new package of support to help grassroots football clubs and organisations with rising energy costs.

The Foundation’s Energy Support Programme will also help support facilities with the ongoing responsibility to protect the environment by lowering energy usage, where possible. 

A total of £6 million will be available across two funds:

The Energy Fund, and,
The Floodlight Fund

In addition to this, the Foundation has designed guidance specifically for football clubs that will provide some useful tips and guidance to help reduce energy costs.

The Energy Fund will be targeted at energy-saving measures for clubhouses with the Football Foundation covering 75% of costs up to £25,000 (per application), and the recipient club or organisation providing the remaining 25%. All football clubs, charities and community organisations operating affiliated football on their sites are eligible to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for this Fund.

The deadline for submissions to this EOI is Wednesday12 April 2023.

Find out if your club is eligible for support 

The Floodlight Fund will support clubs and organisations to move from using metal halide (‘halogen’) floodlights to LED floodlights, which will help to reduce energy consumption and thereby save money.

Typical usage of LED floodlights could save clubs and organisations around £8,000 per full-size 3G football turf pitch (FTP) per year in comparison to the use of halogen alternatives. However, the upfront costs associated with retrofitting these LEDs are often prohibitive for many organisations. The Floodlight Fund will seek to resolve this by covering up to 70% of these associated costs on Foundation-funded floodlit3G FTPs. 

Affiliated football clubs, charities and community organisations that have received funding from the Foundation for floodlit 3G FTPs are eligible for this Fund and will be invited directly via email to submit an EOI.

Find out if your club is eligible for support

This will help the Foundation understand the need across grassroots football.

Related News

View All