The Development Group will consist of Level 4, 5 & 6 referees identified by Berks and Bucks FA, who referee on Saturdays and midweek. They must have the aspirations to obtain promotion to higher levels. Potential candidates will be interviewed. Each member is allocated a senior mentor/coach to help them progress to higher levels.
The conduct of the referee members is closely scrutinised. Referees who are selected for membership of the Development Group are expected to:
- Be a member of the Referee’s Association
- Show commitment to the group by attending the Development Group events
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with their coach/mentor and the Development Group Co-ordinator
- Manage administration effectively and answer correspondence quickly
- Keep Referee's Secretaries (League, FA and County FA) informed of their open and closed dates
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner on and off the field (eg. dress, attitude, good manners, restraint)
- Stay fit and healthy by living an appropriate lifestyle
- Set goals and monitor their performance using self evaluation
- Maintain the highest levels of commitment to achieve their goals
Several Development Group meetings will take place every season as well as visits to matches to watch and evaluate the performances of other officials.
More information is available from the RDO, Chris Carter – Chris.Carter@Berks-BucksFA.com