Please note that all adult teams affiliated to Berks & Bucks FA should organise personal accident insurance as part of their affiliation to the county. For more information on Personal Accident insurance provided by Bluefin, (our partner insurance broker) please Click here
What is the Support Fund?
The Berks & Bucks FA Support fund is a non-contributable fund scheme to support players and officials injured in a FA sanctioned football match. The fund is by no way a replacement for insurance and is not able to compensate fully for injury, rather to lessen the hardship to players and officials.
Who does the Support Fund Cover?
The Support Fund covers injuries sustained in the following:
a) Players belonging to clubs affiliated to Berks & Bucks FA where the injury is sustained whilst playing in a sanctioned league or cup competition.
b) Referees/Assistant Referees registered with Berks & Bucks FA injured whilst officiating on a sanctioned league or cup competition.
What is the Procedure for Making a Claim?
• Applications to the fund must be made using the standard application form.
• Claims must be made within 28 days of the date of the injury.
• Claims made by players must be counter-signed by the club the player belongs to.
• The Board of Trustees are responsible for deciding the awarded amount. This decision is final and binding.
• The Support fund is limited. Once all funds from the account are exhausted and the account closed, no further claims will be accepted.
For more information on the Berks & Bucks FA support fund, please contact: Liz Verrall, Chief Executive, Berks & Bucks FA by email: Liz.Verrall@Berks-BucksFA.com