Statement from Berks & Bucks FA:
Berks & Bucks FA can confirm that the Senior Cup Final will be played on Monday 6th May 2019 at Bracknell Town Football Club with a 3:00 p.m kick-off.
On the 25th April, Berks & Bucks FA received a formal appeal from Marlow FC against the decision to remove them from the competition following a protest over player eligibility in the Semi Final against Slough Town FC. This appeal is due to be considered by an independent County Football Association this week. Depending on the outcome of this appeal, Reading FC will face either Slough Town FC or Marlow FC in the Final.
We are aware that there has been speculation and comment on social media regarding player eligibility throughout the Senior Cup this season. We would therefore like to remind Clubs of the following player eligibility requirements ahead of the Final:
1. All players must be registered with the Club in the League in which the Team ordinarily plays;
2. Contract players are not permitted in this Competition, with the exception of those Players who are registered under Contract with the same Club who have a team operating at Steps 1 to 6 of the National League System;
3. Players under Scholarship Agreements are permitted;
4. It is the responsibility of each Club to ensure that any Player registered to the Club has, where necessary, the required International Transfer Certificate;
5. Players cannot have played for any other Team in the Senior Cup of this or any other County Association;
6. A Player shall not be eligible to play for a Team in any final unless the Player has played 1 Match for that Team in the current Playing Season and was registered with that team before 1st March.
In accordance with Competition Rules, if a protest is received regarding the eligibility of a player in the Final, a Football Operations Committee will make a decision on the outcome of the game.