The programme will see 200 SSE Wildcats Girls’ Football centres opening throughout England this spring, each run in conjunction with the local County FA and their key partners. The move will provide girls aged from 5 to 11 with regular opportunities to play football and take part in organised sessions in a fun, engaging and safe environment over a minimum 16 week period. The project is an integral part of The FA’s objective to double girls’ football participation by 2020 and has been established in a joint partnership between The FA and SSE, supporters of girls’ football participation and sponsor of the SSE Women’s FA Cup.
The new SSE Wildcats Girls’ Football Centres in Berks and Bucks County FA will be taking place at:
- Magpies Wildcats Girls' FC
- Windsor- Dedworth Astroturf, Windsor, SL4 5PE, Sunday 11:00-12:00, Jon Adams email@example.com
in conjunction with Maidenhead Magpies
- Bucks League Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
-Aylesbury - RAF Halton, HP18 9FY, Monday 17:00-18:00 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- MKC Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- MK College- Courtside, MK College, Sherwood Drive, Bletchley, MK3 6DR, Wednesday 17:00-18:00- contact Charlene.Ward-Greef@mkcollege.ac.uk
- West Berks Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- The Moors Playing Field, Thatcham, RG19 3AZ, Saturday 10:00-11:30- Nick Lemin - email@example.com
- Oxford United Wildcats Girls' FC
-Abingdon - Tilsey park, Dunmore Road, OX14 1PU, Sunday 11:30-12:30, Oxford United Womens FC - Ruth Senior firstname.lastname@example.org
The SSE Wildcats Girls’ Football Centres will run in the spring and through to the summer on a weekly basis, either at weekends, after school or during the evening. Parents and carers who attend with the girls will also have the optional opportunity to take part in football-related fitness sessions at the same time as the girls.
For details of how girls can sign-up to join the clubs please contact the relevant Football Centre email address above. John Stewart, SSE’s Director of Human Resources, said: “We’re delighted to support The FA in setting up these centres, helping to deliver high quality coaching sessions across the country to the next generation of female footballers.” “At SSE we are extremely proud to be a fundamental part of supporting the grassroots game. This is a key reason for our sponsorship of the SSE Women’s FA Cup, not only are we focussed on achieving greater awareness of the sport at an elite level, equally as important we are creating more opportunities and relentlessly encouraging more girls to get involved in football.”