Pitch Improvement Programme
The Berks & Bucks FA are working with The FA and Institute of Groundmanship (IOG) to improve the quality grass pitches locally through the FA’s Pitch Improvement Programme (PIP).
The key principles behind the PIP are to provide clubs and their pitch providers with expert advice and practical solutions for developing and maintaining their grass pitches and improving playing surfaces.
FA Pitch Improvement Programme Process
- Club / Facility Operator submits Expression of Interest
- EOI reviewed by Berks & Bucks FA and visit co-ordinated with the club IOG Regional Pitch Advisor
- Site Visit carried out
- Report is produced by the Regional Pitch Advisor. Should the recommendations include access to onsite machinery or natural turf consumable products then The FA commercial partners will be engaged
- Access to funding for machinery and one-off works can also be discussed with Berks & Bucks FA
- Revisit arranged, with a follow up report detailing any improvements
The total cost of the visit, report and follow up visit is £100.
If you are interested in becoming involved in the FA's Pitch Improvement Programme please contact Jonathan Wood via the contact details below.