What is an FA Licensed Football Coach?
An FA licensed football coach has met the criteria necessary to be given a licence to coach from The FA. This means the coach will:
- Hold a recognised and valid English/ UEFA coaching qualification
- Have an FA enhanced Criminal Relations Bureau (CRB) check
- Commit to a minimum level of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) every year
- Retain in-date Safeguarding Children and Emergency Aid certificates
- Join The FA Coaches Club for Licensed Football Coaches.
- Why should I become a licensed football coach?
With the playing styles, systems and trends of the modern game constantly evolving, licensed coaches will gain access to latest developments in the game, furthering their own knowledge and understanding to help their players meet the demands of the modern game. Through a culture of ongoing learning and development, coaches own self-esteem will be elevated, giving individuals the knowledge that their adopted coaching methods, styles and practices are ethically sound and meet the requirements of the modern game.
The FA Licensed Coaches scheme provides coaches with the continuous training necessary to handle the growing demands of the game at every level.
To sign up the FA Licensed Coaches Club please visit http://facc.thefa.com