Cover is available to adult and youth teams and protects players, committee members, managers, trainers and assistant referees/officials in the event of an accident arising from football activities.
• Accidental death
• Life cover
• Permanent total disablement
• Loss of sight, limbs, speech, hearing
• Dental expenses
• Weekly benefits for time off work
• Broken bone benefits
From season 2017/18 personal accident insurance is mandatory for all teams and the “Basic” level of cover is the minimum level of cover required by the Berks & Bucks Football Association. We would recommend that you look at the range of benefits on offer as you may wish to upgrade your teams cover.
How do I purchase cover for my teams?
Clubs can purchase cover through the National Game Insurance Scheme website www.bluefinsport.co.uk/berksbucks
Legal Liabilities (including Public Liability)
The Countycover scheme is available to affiliated clubs, leagues and match officials affiliated to the Association. Cover is arranged by the association as a group policy, so premiums are more affordable. This allows you to purchase the cover at a much cheaper premium, whilst you also benefit from the wider cover of a policy that has been designed specifically with grassroots football in mind.
Four elements of cover in one unique package
• Public liability - £10,000,000
• Employers liability - £10,000,000
• Officers and committee liability - £5,000,000
• Professional indemnity - £10,000,000
Countycover does not cover ‘Player to Player’ incidents. However, our cover does automatically include ‘Player to Player’ legal defence costs only of up to £100,000 (does not cover any award that maybe given).
• Please note that Countycover is only available to clubs and teams participating at steps 5 and below. If your club or one of its teams plays at Step 4 and above, please contact Bluefin Sport as they can provide a separate quotation.
• Cover is not provided for the operation of a licensed premises. This element of cover is usually provided under a commercial combined insurance policy or alternatively, Bluefin Sport can provide a separate quotation.
How do I purchase cover?
Cover is purchased when you affiliate to the Association and the premium of £20.00 is paid together with your affiliation fees.
Once the premium has been received and your application has been accepted, you will be sent an Evidence of Cover.
Who should I contact if I have any questions regarding the insurance?
Please contact Bluefin Sport:
T: 0845 872 5060